We have developed some very special trips, featuring experiences we know you’ll love. Or, contact Mimi to create something just for you and/or your group.
- Welcome Back Kayaking Day: Celebrate the return of spring with this relaxing afternoon paddle, guaranteed to deliver some of southeastern Ohio’s best wildflower and wildlife viewing. Everyone is invited to bring a lunch for a noon picnic together on the beach before our paddle.
- Earth Day Sunrise Paddle: Start your day with this tribute to Mother Earth. We’ll surround ourselves with her magnificence, then enjoy music, coffee and snacks on the beach after our paddle.
- Friends of Strouds Shoreline Cleanup: Please join us for a volunteer clean up hike along the shore and a special afternoon of giving back to Mother Earth.
- Paddle Extravaganza at Hoover Reservoir: Don’t miss this rare chance to kayak in (well, almost) the Capital City. Join us for a morning or afternoon paddling adventure and explore the inlets and wildlife habitats that aren’t accessible from dry land. There’s also a full moon paddle both nights.
- Summer Solstice Paddle: Whether you’re a morning person or a night owl, we’ve got you covered. Join us for one (or two!) of these summer kayak trips celebrating summer’s light. Choose from a sunrise or sunset paddle.
- Birding Hike
- Birding by Kayak: Julie Davis, past president of Columbus Audubon, joins us to share her enthusiasm and knowledge of birds large and small. Trips last three hours. Kayaks, pfds, paddles provided. No experience necessary. Birders of all levels welcome!
- Full Moon Paddles:Sunset’s glowing colors shower onto the water surrounding your kayak as dusk slowly encompasses you. Paddle east quietly until the moon rises on the horizon and transforms into a full moon, sending a stream of light across the water before you. We’ll paddle for two hours, with a stop along the way to have snacks. No experience needed and all equipment, instruction and snacks are provided.
SPRING RIVER TRIPS
- Licking River Adventure Through Blackhand Gorge State Nature Preserve: The Blackhand Gorge area was visited by the mound builders and Middle Woodland Native Americans, and traveling through this serene river gorge evokes a sense of those who quietly tread here thousands of years ago. We’ll paddle through the beautiful gorge of mountain laurel, sandstone cliffs and hillsides of hardwoods, and pass old remains of the more recent history of the Ohio-Erie Canal. Trip includes lunch, shuttle and all equipment. Previous paddling experience required.
- Hocking River Adventure: Wind your way down the Hocking River for a slightly more challenging adventure. Loose yourself in its giant riverbank trees and learn about local history as you paddle the same route the Native Americans once used. Watch for ducks, heron, turtles, deer and osprey. Spot the remains of old mills and stone foundations of railroad bridges, reminding us of the pioneers who settled this valley by way of this river. Restful stops on sandbars to stretch, have lunch and share laughter complete the experience. Trip includes lunch on a sand bar, shuttle and all equipment. Previous paddling experience required.
We can customize unforgettable nature-based tours that are ideal for men, women and children of all ages and abilities, including young children, people in wheelchairs or any group or individual. We are skilled at working with groups, including the following:
- Women’s and Men’s groups